An authentic homemade haven, Fat Cat Creamery makes its ice cream the old-fashioned way — with fully pronounceable ingredients like whole milk, heavy cream, sugar, egg yolks, and fine local flavors such as strawberries, coffee, pecans and more. Here, all ice creams and toppings are made from scratch in the restaurant’s test kitchen, which develops an inviting selection of seasonal treats to accompany its lengthy list of tried-and-true menu favorites like Mexican Vanilla, Strawberries & Cream, and Amaya Coffee. Other treats on the menu include sodas, floats and milkshakes.
- Supports a variety of local farmers and farms, who supply all of its ingredients
- Winner of the Houston Culinary Award presented by My Table Magazine for Favorite Sweets/Ice Cream
- Honored as one of eight independent Houston businesses featured during Houston Chocolate Heroes Month sponsored by Houston Food Finder e-zine
- Listed #1 in Houston’s Top 10 Ice Cream Shops by Paper City e-zine
- Ranked #1 in EATER Houston’s list of 22 Essential Houston Ice Cream Shops
- Named in Click2Houston’s list of Houston’s Essential Ice Cream Shops