Like LaTrelle’s, Peet’s is revered for its commitment to great food served fresh, thus the company delivers fresh-roasted beans and pastries to each store daily. LaTrelle’s opened the first Peet’s Coffee in Texas as part of the new William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) food concourse. A popular airport oasis that invites travelers to savor the journey, LaTrelle’s now owns and operates a growing number of Peet’s located in airports across the nation, including Portland International Airport (PDX), Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), HOU, and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW).
- Alfred Peet, the founder of Peet’s, is also a founding father of America’s gourmet coffee movement
- The founders of Starbucks, Stumptown and Intelligentsia all got their start at Peet’s, where they learned the importance of managing coffee beans from farm to table
- The first Peet’s opened in 1966 in Berkeley, California, and today there are hundreds of Peet’s across the U.S.
- Coffee beans are roasted daily and shipped to stores the same day to ensure fresh tasting coffee
- Loyal customers are known as “Peetnicks”