Being able to build on my granddad’s legacy is both humbling and incredibly fulfilling. I’m extremely proud of the hard work my family has done in expanding his vision from a single restaurant to the nearly two-dozen we own and operate today. It’s my hope that my passion and dedication to our family business will ensure it enjoys continued success for another three decades — and beyond.
Chris James is LaTrelle’s Business Development Director and an innovative leader dedicated to building rewarding relationships with both current and new brands. A visionary at heart, he welcomes the opportunities to take brands to greater heights and new places, be it an airport, a sports and entertainment venue, or a bustling city location. In addition to managing new opportunities, he researches and develops local marketing and social media campaigns for all LaTrelle’s restaurants. He also assists restaurants with the adoption of new technology and IT improvements. Chris is always on the lookout for ways to increase sales, enhance performance, and grow the company – ensuring that the legacy of success established by his family will continue for generations to come.
- B.A. in Communications and Marketing from Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas
- Worked in Sales and Marketing for the Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets and Astros
- Youngest member of the Board of Directors for the Greater Houston Restaurant Association (GHRA)
- Currently serves on the GHRA Government Affairs Committee
- Active member of Texas Restaurant Association
- Active member of the National Restaurant Association
- Captain of 2002 High School State Basketball Championship team at Northeast Christian Academy
- Vice-Chair of the Stephen F. Austin State University Alumni Association – Houston Chapter