Michael Jordan once said that “work ethic eliminates fear,” and that’s a principle that I live and work by. I think as long as you are investing your time in ensuring your work is of the highest quality, that spirit is contagious, and it challenges those around you to work harder, go further, and do more to become the best they can be. And when you know you’re doing your best, you gain confidence in your ability to surpass goals. I call it the domino effect for success.
Cameron James is the Director of Operations at LaTrelle’s, and an experienced team builder with an eye for details. Known for his strong work ethic and passion for perfection, he enjoys leading the members of each LaTrelle’s restaurant in developing and maintaining quality and safety standards that go above and beyond customer expectations. A true people person, with a knack for seeing each employee’s unique gifts and talents, Cameron helps pave the way for future growth by training and empowering management and employees to set and achieve goals. Highly-motivated and energetic, Cameron brings more than fifteen years of restaurant operation insights, as well as LaTrelle’s trademark can-do spirit, to all LaTrelle’s restaurants.
- Bachelor of Science from Stephen F. Austin (SFA) State University, Nacogdoches, TX
- Member of the SFA Men’s Basketball Team 2006-2009
- President & Chair of the Greater Houston Chapter, Texas Restaurant Association (GHTRA)
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Texas Restaurant Association (TRA)
- Executive Committee Member, Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau (GHCVB)
- Board Member, Legislative Affairs for the Airport Restaurant and Retail Association (ARRA)
- Member of the Texas Restaurant Recovery Task Force, the TRA group that created the Texas Restaurant Promise; the guidelines provided to Governor Abbott to set policies for restaurants to reopen during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Active member of the National Restaurant Association