I love that LaTrelle’s embraces technology in order to transform the customer experience. Recently, I worked with our executive management team and leaders at Potbelly to launch the Potbelly Digital Kitchen project. This hi-tech approach uses software to sort orders, present them to employees, and coordinate processes, which in turn increases our speed of service, throughput, and accuracy – all of which leads to the ultimate gain – greater customer satisfaction.
An accomplished multi-tasker with more than 25 years of management experience spanning all genres of restaurants, Paul Wakulat brings a consuming passion for fresh food and a penchant for precision in meal presentation to his role as Director of Operations for Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH). His phenomenal people skills make him a trusted leader of District Managers and Restaurant General Managers alike, who rely on his wisdom, coaching and encouragement to execute strategic plans and maintain LaTrelle’s trademark family culture. Known for his resourcefulness in making great things happen, Paul empowers his teams to increase operational efficiencies and control food costs, while simultaneously promoting an engaging work atmosphere that reduces employee turnover. Committed to continual professional growth for his teams and himself, Paul perpetually seeks new and proven training techniques and best practices that benefit all of the people and restaurants under his care.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology from Oakland University in Rochester Hills, MI
- Former Captain of the Cross Country Team at Oakland University in Rochester Hills, MI
- Member of the Greater Houston Chapter of the Texas Restaurant Association (GHTRA)
- Volunteer at Kingsland Baptist Church in Houston, TX
- Committed supporter of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital