Operating an award-winning restaurant requires more than high-quality food, you must master the art of hospitality and create an environment where customers feel welcome and valued. In our fast-paced industry, it's important to not only solicit, but stop and really listen to customer feedback, adapting to their needs and anticipating their desires. That's how you create brand loyalists, record-breaking sales, and a team of employees who love what they do.
For nearly three decades, Mark McGowan has served as the ultimate restaurant coach, investing his knowledge and industry expertise into tomorrow's leaders. Fueled by a desire to see people succeed and move forward in their careers, Mark is a master at developing and implementing action plans that enable managers and employees to achieve both restaurant and company-wide goals. A gifted communicator, who's won countless industry awards, Mark enjoys equipping restaurant managers with the know-how to obtain top honors for food safety, quality, cleanliness and hospitality.
- Completed Dale Carnegie Leadership Courses: Effective Communication; Interactive Management; and Manager as Coach
- Studied at the Leadership Institute of Clinton Community College
- Received Dave's M.B.A. Award
- Honored as Wendy's General Manager Semi-Sparkle Finalist
- District Manager of Wendy's that won Regional Sparkle Award for Chicago Division
- Graduate of Wendy's Leadership Training Courses, including: Interview Training, Performance Management; Multi-Unit Training; Food Safety; Leadership Training for Supervisors; and more
- Member of the Clinton Jaycee's and honored with multiple awards, including: Project of the Year; Outstanding First Year Jaycee; and Jaycee of the Year
- Member of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce
- Former President, Board Member and Executive Committee Member for Clinton Riverboat Days, Iowa's largest "4th of July" festival
- Produced shows for up to 20,000 people as the Entertainment Chair for Clinton Riverboat Days
- Chairperson for the Symphony of Lights in Clinton, IA